Wednesday, October 13, 2010

What's on your bucket list?

From the time that I was in high school I've always had the idea that one day I would go skydiving. It's always been one of those things on my bucket list. For many it's the thrill factor that they seek. Not me. Don't get me wrong I LOVE adventure and finding new ways to overcome most of life's hurdles...but heights??? It's funny when I was telling my tandem partner about my fear of heights, he said, "It's not heights, it's altitude." Call it whatever you want, but apparently now I've got another fear...fear of altitude. Thanks buddy!

Anyway skydiving was my way of facing this fear. I never want anything in this world to hold me back from enjoying the fruits of life, so I jumped at the opportunity to go with some good friends. Let me just say, if you've never been, it's quite the experience! You may not be afraid of heights or "altitude," but I promise you, when that door opens at 13,000 ft and you watch those ahead of you get sucked out of the plane...it becomes REAL real fast! With all of that said, I need to say, "It was GREAT!" - Thanks Clint! - If you get a chance to go then take it. Never let anything hold you back from witnessing the undiscovered parts of life!

So now many ask, "Would you do it again?" My answer is, "With another group of friends, yes. But just to do it because I'm hooked now...nope." Anyway here are a few pics to show that I jumped and survived. -Although, the last picture could pass for another blog entry about coming back from a trip to the moon.



1 comment:

  1. Man that was so awesome. I still can't believed we managed to arm that Nuclear bomb on that asteroid before it could destroy earth. Good times...good times.

    ReplyDelete