Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Big Apple

Gosh, it feels like it's been FOREVER since I've posted anything! I guess that's because this past week I was on vacation. What started out as a vacation to simply relax at home with the family, ended up with me flying to Albany, New York.

Let me explain:

See Holly and I have been looking for a car for a while now. We had a 1994 Honda Civic Coupe that Holly had been driving since she was 16 years old! It's been a great car, but it was time for us to start looking for a replacement. We looked around at different cars and I even test drove a couple, many of which were out of our price range. This led us to Ebay, which is how we purchased our van back in 05. Anyway we came across a 2007 Toyota Prius from Albany, New York. Holly and I were shocked at the price and tried to figure out why it was so low. I called (Vinny), the dealer in NY, and he assured me that everything was good. What's funny is when I called the dealer and asked for Vinny, the girl said, "Which one?" Holly said, "It's NY, what did you expect?" Anyway after talking with Vinny, we agreed on a price and I bought a one-way plane ticket to Albany, NY.

--You know even though I've done this before, it's never easy to buy something that you've never seen first hand. I say that but that's how we bought our van, our house, and now our car. (Yes, we bought our house without ever having seen it in person.) Anyway long story short, our Ebay adventure led us to a 4:30am morning, 1 flight to Albany, NY to meet "Vinny," and a 718 mile ride back to Cincy in in the 07 Toyota Prius! I have to say, We LOVE it!!! A very cool adventure!!! Here's a few pictures of the quick trip.


Getting ready to leave

Somewhere above NY

Back home with the fam!


Where has your adventure led you?

2 comments:

  1. Hey....not only did you get a great deal....the car gets phenomenal gas mileage! Albany is pretty far north of NYC, isn't it? If it's not, you should have stopped to say hello to Janet and Sherri in the Big Apple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does get good gas mileage!!! Right now I'm averaging 46 miles per gallon. Some of the newer models do better, but I'm certainly not complaining!

    Yeah Albany is almost in Massachusetts. It took me 5 hours and $16 dollars in tolls just to get out of NY. In the end, still worth it.

    ReplyDelete