Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Duke

I'm not necessarily a Duke fan, in fact, I don't have a favorite college basketball team that I root for period. However for this years March Madness bracket, I had them winning it. And as most of you already know, Duke pulled it off which catapulted me to the top in order to win this years office bracket. So now that I walk away with $10,000 dollars....I mean a pat on the back, I can honestly say...yeah, I still know nothing about college basketball teams."

Are your days like that? I mean do you ever walk through a day wondering, "Do I really know what I'm doing, or am I just getting by?" Are you intentional with your approach to life or do you waiver with whatever comes your way and hope that works out for you? (Kind of like my bracket) What I'm getting at is, "Do you have specific goals in mind, things you'd like to accomplish?" Like personal goals /family goals / financial goals / spiritual goals /long term / short term goals?
Second part is, "Then what steps are you taking to achieve them?"

It seems to me that most people have a checklist with life.
And once those boxes are checked off, boredom sets in.
Looks something like this:

1) Find that special someone (check) -- Ask out on a date
2) Start dating = (check) --Looking forward to engagement
3) Get engaged (check) --Looking forward to wedding day
4) Get married (check) --Looking forward to first home
5) Buy or move into first house (check) --Looking forward to kids
6) Have first child (check) --Maybe another one
7) Have second child (check) --Boy and a girl. Now we're done
8) Oops, have 3rd child (check)
............Now what?????
Veg out until retirement,
then wish you could have those years back????
.............Seriously???

I don't want to be "that guy" so a while ago I've been making and creating NEW goals on many different levels that I hope to accomplish over time! And even if I come short of accomplishing these goals after giving full effort, I still leave with some pretty cool stories from my attempts at these adventures.

That's my approach and I'm sticking to it.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome Approach! So, did you actually win $10,000! That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete