Monday, April 12, 2010

You get a line and I'll get a pole...

I'm not sure what you do for fun and relaxation, but for my family, one of the ways we kick back is to head down to the OH river. No matter the course that life takes us, we have always seemed to find a way to flank a bad day. That may not make sense to you, but that's been our approach to this adventure that we call, "Life!"

Well this past weekend Holly, Cole, Owen and myself went down to the river. A dozen night crawlers, a fishing pole in hand and some snacks to munch on, we were set! Although Cole and Owen decided throwing mud up in the air and letting it land in their hair was more adventurous, we still somehow managed to catch some fish. Here's a few pictures from our day of adventure!

Striper #1 for Cole

Striper #2 for Cole

Striper #3 for Cole

Striper #4 for Cole (Nice fish!)

Catfish #1

Catfish #2

Cole Striper #5
(Owen had to be in the shot too)

Finally Owen's first fish!
(2 1/2 yrs old)
_________________________________

Get out with your family today!
Too often we wait for the weekend to do anything "FUN."

Why is that?
Get the fam together and make Monday an adventure,
don't sit around waiting for one to happen!!!


* Go on a walk together!
* Ride bikes as a family!
* Go to the park!
* Make a fort out of couch cushions and have a family movie night!
* Make supper together!
* Heck, go fishing!
* If you've got a better idea, do that!

Let me know how it turns out!

2 comments:

  1. haha this is so cute looks like they had a bunch of fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome. Lexie and I make forts all the time around the house. Sheets and blankets as the roof. Fun times. I love going to the park and seeing God's creation. Lexie always wants to go for walks with me. I reckon she wants me to get off my lazy butt and do something. Hope she isn't implying I am FAT!

    ReplyDelete