Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Ohio River Adventure

As many of you know, I like to go fishing! Well this past weekend I took Cole out fishing to the Ohio River. Since January he has been begging me to go fishing, so when the sun came out this past weekend we didn't pass it up. And let me tell you, it REALLY IS an adventure when you take a 5 year old fishing! I think I did more untangling line, setting the line and coaching him HOW TO CAST, than I did anything else! (Even though it was getting old, I realized these days will pass soon enough so I was proud to do it!)

Well in between doing all of this I saw my pole moving, however it wasn't moving too much so I didn't reel it in. Anyway after I was getting ready to call it quits, I caught this "thing" below. Let me say, over the many years of going fishing I can honestly say I've never caught one of these. Call it strange, ugly, weird...but Cole and I call it another adventure!

Here's a quick quiz for you:

What do you think this creature is called?
Any thoughts?

6 comments:

  1. WaterDog
    http://www.aqualandpetsplus.com/Amphibian,%20Water%20Dogs.htm

    ReplyDelete
  2. a really really big salamandar?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just call it gross..eeewwww...if Cory ever catches one of those I will run away screaming!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Waterdog" is a new one for me. I've heard it called, a "Mudpuppy" and a "Hellbender." Definitely one of my weirdest catches out of the Ohio River!

    ReplyDelete
  5. its a gigantic lizard that lives in the water!

    ReplyDelete