Thursday, March 18, 2010

What is the value of "one day"...

...I guess it really depends on who you ask.
Some would say a single day is expendable,
while others would describe the value of a day as irreplaceable!

Yesterday I sat down with a lady who has a close friend going through a very difficult time. Her friend is a Latino Pastor whose son is in a coma, so I agreed to go to Children’s Hospital and spend some time with this family that I have never met before. The family didn’t speak English very well so our conversations were being interpreted. Let me say this, “Regardless of a language barrier, there is a mysterious level of comfort, empathy and bond when Jesus is the common denominator! And that was definitely the case here!” Some of you know exactly what I mean.

Well without going into a lot of detail, we all circled up, held hands and prayed for this 15 year old boy to regain consciousness. As I was closing out my visit with this family the boy's father said this, “I believe that God is capable of raising my son out of this coma! I believe that with all my heart! (he paused, then went on)...But I also believe that God’s ways are so much higher than my own. And because of this, I humbly accept His answer, regardless if that answer is settling to me or not. From my human perspective I am pained to see my boy this way, and wish for nothing more than for him to come home with me. But if he does not wake here, I know that he will awake to a scene I can only imagine! And because of this I am at peace.”

What else can I say, except he nailed it! Now the difficult part will be for him to live this out, as I received a phone call earlier that his son has moved on.

'What is the value of "one day" day for you?'

No comments:

Post a Comment