Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Answer to yesterday's blog is...

Yesterday I posted a poem entitled, "Saved" and gave some options as to who wrote it. The answer is D: “A prison inmate.”

If you’ve been keeping up with my blogs, you might remember me talking about a friend of mine who is currently serving time in prison. “Jess” is the name I’ve given him on my blog. I just received a letter from him yesterday and he sent me some pictures which I’ve tried to photograph with my iphone and post for you here. (Not the best pic, but I felt the visual was valuable) Anyway here is a picture of him and three other guys that he has become friends with during his time there. He has been encouraging these guys a lot lately which has now led to them studying Scripture together and praying together! “Jess” mentioned that one of the guys recently asked him, “What do I need to do to become a Christian?” (A follower of Jesus) Pretty amazing, especially for “Jess” because he has seen this as confirmation that God is still willing to love, forgive and use him, despite his shortcomings, failures and mistakes!

With God as the lens through which he views his life,
he now responds to his current situation with these words:

“God has taught me about unconditional love and the fruit of that being grace, mercy and forgiveness.” “I have grown closer to the Lord and I’m a much stronger person because of it. I am humble, grateful, and blessed to be where I am today. My attitude has changed and my values of life are now prioritized and I owe that all to God.”

What lens are you using to see your situation today?

No comments:

Post a Comment