Monday, October 19, 2009

Poem entitled "Saved"

"Born into darkness as black as night,
no answer for my sin.
Down from heaven came The Light
and cleansed me from within.
He gave his life and paid the price
with every drop of blood he shed.
What once was darkness as black as night,
was now stained crimson red.
The Temple was destroyed and placed in a tomb
where forever he would stay.
But, three days later he rose from the dead
and rolled the stone away.
I had to die in order to live
so I plunged beneath the sea.
No longer stained crimson red,
my soul had been set free.
He clothed me from my head to my feet
in wool so pure and white.
I never would have survived the dark,
if it hadn’t been for The Light."

Who do you think authored this?
(Choose one below)
A) A friend from college
B) My Grandmother
C) Me
D) A prison inmate

...I'll have the answer in tomorrow’s blog

1 comment: