Friday, October 30, 2009

Let's Go Krogering

In my attempt to make life as an adventure for my wife, my boys, myself and for those around me...I went to Kroger this past week with my boys. Yeah I know what you’re saying, “Kroger is such an adventurous place that they should charge admission because of all the uncontained excitement that people feel when walking through their doors!” Okay much the opposite, but here’s the story:

We needed to get a few staple items in order to have food for the following week. It was kind of a drag because we didn’t feel like going to the store, especially with a 4 ½ and 2 ½ year old. So to change the situation I made a treasure map! I put dotted lines on a piece of paper with an X for the treasure. Then at the top of the paper I added the items that we needed to pick up. With excitement in my voice I told Cole and Owen that we were going on an adventure to find some treasure at Kroger and they were going to lead the way! So we all put on our toboggans, because every good detective needs a “cool” hat right?

You should have heard these little guys yelling, "MILK," BREAD," BOLOGNA DADDY," as they ran to these items! It was a little embarrassing because people were looking at me as if to say, “Why would he let his boys (with winter hats on) run wild like this! With my winter hat on too, I just smiled and followed my boy’s excitement! Cole made some wrong turns when it came to finding the deodorant, but I followed him anyway. I followed closely behind him in case he needed my help, but I wasn’t going to do it for him. See I gave him this role and I didn’t want to take it from him. After he found the deodorant we all walked away with a fun and memorable day trip to Kroger.

I’ve come to realize more and more that some days come with adventure, but many do not! So the next time your day needs a little more spice, it might be up to YOU to create the recipe for adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment