Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Artist

I'm not an artist by any means! Well that might be an overstatement because I can draw some pretty sweet stick people! Alright even though I'm not an artist, my wife is! She can draw, paint and sketch almost anything really well! For those people who really know art, they can point out exactly what painting belongs to which artist. They can look at a painting by "Monet," a color splashed canvas by "Van Gogh," or a masterpiece by "Michaelangelo" and identify those paintings accurately!

Same thing for those who really know music! For me, if someone just gave me the intros to these next songs I could easily nail down who the artist were. For instance, give me the guitar intro to Lynyrd Skynayrd’s “Sweet Home Alabama,” the stomp clap intro to Queen’s “We Will Rock You,” or even the high hat intro to Vanilla Ice’s, “Ice Ice Baby” and I could easily tell you who those artists were! (“Alright stop, collaborate and listen, Ice is back with my brand new invention…WOW I don’t’ know what’s more embarrassing, me writing these lyrics, or the fact that you just sang them and could have kept on going!)

What I want us to see is that each of these artists have a style all to themselves, which is how we usually identify their work. I believe the same can be said about God! If God truly is the Author and Creator of all creation as the Bible points out in Genesis, then everything that has been designed (including us) HAS to reveal the Designer…or “The Artist!” David says it this way in Psalms 19:1-3:

“The heavens declare the glory of God;

the skies proclaim the work of his hands.

Day after day they pour forth speech;

night after night they display knowledge.

There is no speech or language

where their voice is not heard.”

My question to you is...

"What will YOU find today that identifies “The Artist?”

No comments:

Post a Comment