Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Ahh...Christmas memories

Alright, I have to be honest with you. Yesterday’s post about “O Holy Night” was not actually by me. But for as bad as it was, it almost has 200,000 views which isn't too shabby! I found it on youtube and thought it would be a fun hello for Dec. 1st to kick off the Christmas season!

Hey, let me ask you this. Since Christmas is what…23 days away, what are some of your favorite memories or traditions that you and your family used to do? Do you have any good stories worth sharing?

Well for me I remember we had a 50’ foot Christmas tree in our living room one year. (Well it seemed like 50’ when I was little) Anyway I remember we had it set up and all I could think about was finding this “Big Bird Sesame Street Jacket” underneath of it for Christmas!!! This jacket was the hottest item in my opinion that year! (And no it wasn’t my senior year) Anyway on Christmas day as we were opening presents there was a box sitting on the floor that had my name on it. It was all wrapped up and was exactly the right size to possibly be hiding this 1 in a million jacket! When my mom handed it to me I tore it open, hoping this was the jacket that was going to make me the coolest kid at my school! I opened it up and sure enough it was a Sesame Street jacket!!! However…as I turned it over it was...Oscar the Grouch! WHAT!!! Now I was going to be known as “The Grouch” of the school??? I wish I could say that I eventually came to my senses and realized that it cost my parents a lot of money and they tried their best…buttttttt…yeeaahhh……not so much.

Right behind me was a fireplace that my dad had started earlier to keep us warm on that early morning. (Yeah, you’re already ahead of me) Well as soon as mom and dad left the room I opened the door and threw it in and closed the door. My mom came into the room and saw the fire blazing and asked, “Where’s your jacket?” Let me just stop things there. Needless to say…funnier now!

Anyway if you get a chance,
send me good Christmas story that you have!

5 comments:

  1. I did the same thing as a kid except it was because my parents got me a pet kitten instead of a puppy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...at least you're talking about it now. You've certainly come a long way since last year Matt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the labels for this post. :)
    When I was in high school we had a 15-20 foot tree (I'm not exaggerating) we got it set up and decorated. It was beautiful. A few days later I was sitting in the living room doing homework and I looked up to see the tree falling towards me! Scared the snot out of me, but it landed at my feet. My dad decided it would be a good idea to anchor it to the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've come to realize that as great as Christmas is, it really is a dangerous season! Kids playing in the fire...trees falling on people...and well...Matt's experience.

    Thanks for the story Linzey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. does this make me old when i remember the entire incident??!!

    ReplyDelete