Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Proud Daddy

Have you ever spoke or sang in front of people before? For some folks it is a scary thing to get in front of people to speak or sing. (My wife being one of these folks!) For me it all began when I was just a little guy. I can remember days and nights where dad would have all of his buddies over to play music and they would jam in our living room. Multiple guitars, both acoustic and electric would fill the house with sounds of vocals, violins and harmonicas. It basically depended on the night and the buddies that showed up. Although I didn’t play music at that time, me and Trevor (my brother) would run around in our underwear and dance to the music. Not the audience they were looking for…but it was fun for us!

Now that I’ve grown up some I don’t run around in my underwear “much” anymore. But one thing that I still enjoy is music! Well today I got the chance to appreciate some Christmas music sang by a bunch of pre-schoolers. My oldest son Cole sang at his Christmas concert / pageant and got to be on the “big stage!” Although he didn’t have a solo or special part, it was pretty special for “daddy” who got to watch and wave from a distance. While I was sitting there feeling proud of my little guy, it reminded me of how my dad said he felt when I was on stage. Neat how things come full circle sometimes! Here is a picture during the concert and one after.

Who are you proud of?

Have you let them know today?












No comments:

Post a Comment