Thursday, February 11, 2010

Whitney's Day

Some real good friends of ours have been pregnant with their first child, whom they have named Whitney. Just as any first time parents would be, Sean and Sheyenne have been excited to meet this little girl of theirs! Today they got the opportunity to meet their little girl, however it was not under the circumstances they had hoped for. Yesterday doctors could not find Whitney's heartbeat and so Sheyenne was scheduled to give birth to Whitney today, as still born.

I don't write this so you can feel sorry for them. In fact I write this to celebrate the fact that, although Whitney's time on earth was limited, she has impacted MANY LIVES...including mine! How is it that a little girl, who has not seen this side of the womb, impact so many lives? I don't have that answer. I just know she has! Sean and Sheyenne, although wading through this painful situation, have managed to carry an amazing story of hope throughout their whole pregnancy! I couldn't possibly say things better than them, so here's the link to their AMAZING journey with their little girl Whitney!

www.churchonmission.typepad.com/seanandshey

Love you guys!


A similar story of the complications that Whitney had


1 comment:

  1. Clayton this was an amazing post. I read the journey about Whitney from start to finish and was very moved by Sean and Sheyenne's story and their incredible faith and trust in the Lord. It made me realize I have a long way to go in my walk and want to know God in a much more personal way. Although baby Whitney was never alive outside her mother's belly, her life certainly had meaning and purpose. Thank you for this post and thank you to Sean and Sheyenne for sharing their journey. Truly encouraging!
    ~Trish

    ReplyDelete