Monday, January 18, 2010

0 - 5 in the blink of an eye

I've always heard from folks who are a generation ahead of myself say, "Time goes by so fast with your kids!" So I have taken their advice, which has moved me to daily soak up my time with both of my boys! Well yesterday was Cole's 5th birthday, which is just crazy to me! As you can see from this first picture, things have changed quite a bit from how they started.

I remember when:

* He would sleep after every meal
* He would let me hold him until he fell asleep on me
* He would never talk back
* He always needed my help
* He threw up all the time (well I guess I don't miss that)

But as you can see, that has now become a thing of the past. See for some this can be a sad reflection of how time really does goes by too fast, but from my perspective I am glad to see his life move forward. Sure I enjoyed those earlier days and would never take ANYTHING for those amazing memories!!! However I am certainly enjoying these new seasons of watching a boy learn what it's like to be 5 for the very first time!

* To hear him count to 40

* To watch him take a scrape on the knee and consider it "cool"
* To hear him pray well beyond his years
* To wrestle with him (letting him win) then literally watch his confidence grow
* To hear him talk back (that will go away when he hits his teen right?)

All in all, I have enjoyed these 5 years with my son...no doubt! But I certainly don't want to keep looking back as to miss who he is now and who he is daily becoming!

Happy Birthday Cole
From Daddy

2 comments: