Monday, January 11, 2010

The "man test!"

Let me just say, there are no apologies with this blog that you’re about to read. In fact this is about my friends and I living up to the idea of never getting too old to have a little fun. Like it or not, this is us.

Let me set it up for you. Every year for the past 7 years, during New Years Eve, we guys do a “man test.” Now if you’re already rolling your eyes, then it’s probably best if you just stop here. But you and I both know that this sort of stuff doesn’t happen in most people’s lives, so curiosity will keep you here. So…a “man test” in our definition is something difficult that you have to endure for a short period of time or accomplish within a short period of time. Well we debated several options, but since it had snowed several inches and the temperature was in the teens, we landed on this one.

1) Run from the front porch down to the pond. Continue around the pond and then back to the porch. (Totaling 1/4 mile)
2) Cannot wear shoes, socks or a shirt.
3) Cannot turn back!


As you’ll notice from the pictures:
(pic 1) realizing and talking about how dumb this idea was.
(pic 2) ignoring sound advice from our wives and going anyway.
(pic 3) returning with numb feet. (Notice I’m not in this picture.) I was ahead of the pack hoping…the faster I go, the faster it’s over!
(pic 4) Trying to hide the pain for the picture.

You know as silly as this was, it will always be a fun story that we will talk about when we remember and smile about New Years Eve 2009! Who knows where 2010 will go!

What did you do New Years Eve?

3 comments:

  1. Way to use my picture and not even include a link back! LOL, Just Kidding :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still not sure you went all the way around the pond. There's not enough video evidence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh brother, only you boys/gentlemen would come up with something like that!

    ReplyDelete