Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Christmas and Long Johns

Alright…where was I? It’s been like what…a year since I’ve written something? Well after taking some vacation time, visiting family, getting sick and recovering, I am now back on track. I really don’t even know where to start because so much has happened. I mean I’ve got some fun stories and some not so fun stories from the adventures that I’ve been on these past couple of weeks. But since everyone likes a fun story, let’s go that route for today.

Christmas day was GREAT!!! I mean when you’ve got a 4 ½ and 2 ½ year old, Christmas is just a fun filled day of adventure! This year instead of buying the boys a particular gift, Holly and I decided to MAKE it for them! So the weeks prior to Christmas we would put the boys to bed and then make our way to the shed and construct this gift from scratch. Well after a few arguments, dodging hammers that were being thrown and a couple of 2x4 wars, it was completed. (Totally kidding! Actually this line really might get me in trouble.) Anyway Christmas day, the boys came downstairs, saw the table and began playing with it right away. We moved it to their room afterwards, and as you can see from the pictures, it was a hit! (A great start to the morning!)













(Still Christmas day) Next we all got packed up in the van and headed north to visit the grandparents. Well on the way we needed some gas, so we stopped at a place that was actually open. That’s when I saw him. I wasn’t sure at first what he had on, because from a distance it looked like “long johns.” You know…like that full body underwear that my grandpa used to wear when I was a kid. Yeah the adult pajama where it has 2 buttons holding a flap up in the back for…well…some purpose. Well sure enough, that’s exactly what he had on! “Oh man, I have got to go take his picture,” is what I told Holly. (It must be a guy thing because she just rolled her eyes at the idea) Anyway as you can see from the photo he didn’t mind me taking his picture. In fact it ended with both of us laughing, shaking hands and wishing each other a Merry Christmas.
Not sure if you call long johns "Christmas spirit," but it sure worked for 2 guys at a gas station who had never met.

If you get a chance, let me know how your Christmas went!

4 comments:

  1. you are a strange bird C-Lay-Ton

    ReplyDelete
  2. At times, but I think that's the part that gives wings to this "strange bird."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't let Sean tell you you're strange... I just put a similar pic of Sean on our blog just for you. :-)
    http://seanandshey.blogspot.com/2010/01/for-clayton.html

    ReplyDelete