Thursday, January 14, 2010

Eye love my wife!

Okay, so if you have a weak stomach or don’t do well when looking at graphic photos, then this blog probably isn’t for you. For those of you who say, “Bring it on,” well stick around and carry on.

2009 wasn’t the easiest year for my wife, so when the idea came up for her to renew contact lenses and get new glasses, I suggested Lasik eye surgery. I was hoping that this would be a positive step forward for her and I wasn’t going to let money hold us back. Plus it helps that I hit the Power Ball lottery in NC this past year. (True story! I actually won 4 dollars!)

Anyway I was given the option to watch the surgery today and I said, “Yes.” I took some photos and thought I would post them and let you see exactly what I saw. I’ve put them in order from “not so bad…to ewwwwhhh.”

(Pic 1) Close up of the eye while closed
(Pic 2) The outer layer of the eye has been peeled away and is getting ready for solution to be put in.
(Pic 3) Yeah…that’s the layer being pulled back. (Told you it was graphic!)



I might as well just stop here, because most likely everyone has already left.
“See” you later!

4 comments:

  1. yep gross, yet really cool! I hope she got the rest she needed!! Hope to "see" ya soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She had an appointment today and the doctor said that she has 20/20 vision!!! That's just crazy to me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was worth it 100% if you ask Holly i'm sure.

    ReplyDelete