Tuesday, January 12, 2010

50 today!!!

Today is sort of a mile marker for me. I’ve officially hit 50 blogs that I’ve written to date! (Wait for the applause…umm that’s your cue) I know that probably doesn’t mean anything to anyone else, but for me it’s been a small accomplishment. Basically the whole reason that I started writing these blogs was that I felt it would be one way for folks to see other sides of me besides a minister. Although I am a “Children’s minister” at Parkside Christian Church, there are many other titles that I would say define me as a person.

For instance I am a “husband” to a beautiful woman that I have had the privilege of calling, “my wife” for the past 9 years! A “daddy” to 2 special boys that I intentionally pour my love into, in the hopes that they will one day become great men! A “brother” to 3 great siblings! (One of which I used to beat up, but is now stronger than me.) A “son” to two incredible people who have loved me and whom have set many examples for me within the 33 years of my life! “Grandson” to my Mamaw whom I love very much! “Uncle” to seven little guys and gals who think I’m the coolest thing ever! (Okay I might have made up that last part, but seriously, it’s not like they’re going to read this) “Nephew,” “Cousin,” Neighbor,” “Friend”…etc.

These are GREAT titles that define some amazing relationships, but I have to say, the one that I’m most proud of is…“child of God!” The first part of James 3:1 says, “How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!” As imperfect as I am and as many times as I mess up, I will always be proud that the Creator of the universe chooses to attach me with this title!!!

At the end of a day, what title are you most proud of?

2 comments:

  1. Wow-- and a great inspiration to many =)We love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. That is great news. I encourage you to keep uplifting those around you and show the light of Jesus to others.

    ReplyDelete