Monday, November 9, 2009

"Art" by Owen

A typical morning for my wife and I is our youngest son wakes up and crawls into bed with us. We don’t mind it as long as he lies still, but that never happens! And it’s not just the fact that he crawls into bed, he’s got to WEDGE himself in between us with his cold little feet! Now I love my son, but cold feet on a warm body…someone’s gonna get hurt! Okay, not really. But seriously! I mean even when you’re exhausted, hibernating in a cocoon of blankets, trying to get that last half hour of rest before your alarm goes off and someone touches 2 ice cubes to your bare back…you’re gonna move! In fact there are some days we wake up as the letter H…my wife and I lying on polar opposites of the bed with little “Cold Feet” himself lying long ways in between us. (Seriously...it’s not funny)

Well that wasn’t the case this morning. Instead Owen decides he’s going to "go potty,” which he’s now learning to do all on his own. - (By the way, when do we quit cheering for people when they "go potty?” ) Well while he’s in the bathroom he decides that he’s going to try putting on some of Holly’s makeup. As you can see from the picture, it’s more art than anything. But I don’t know what worries me more, the fact that he put makeup on his face all by himself, or the fact that that he did it so well! Actually our reaction to this little face painting escapade ended in us laughing and taking some fun pictures.

So as this has brightened up my day some, I thought maybe it might do the same for you. If not there’s still the idea of getting someone to cheer for you after you “go potty" today!

1 comment:

  1. Shawn let both the kids sleep in Grace's bed last night. They BOTH woke up at 5:30 this morning and climbed into my bed. :)

    ReplyDelete