Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Hello...

…That’s basically how I answered the phone yesterday evening about 5:45pm. It was a number that I didn’t recognize, except for the area code. (419) is the area code where I grew up so I had some thoughts of who it might be, but I wasn’t sure. So after saying, “Hello,” I began having this casual conversation with someone who I really wasn’t even sure who they were! (Has that ever happened to anyone else?) Well after about a minute of talking, I began to make out who the voice belonged to. If I’m right, I haven’t talked to this person for over 3 years…and things did not end on good terms. I was right, it was my brother!

If you have been keeping up with these blogs at all you would know that this is John, my half brother. I’m not about to write the entire story as to how things got unaligned, but let me just say, “This was a HUGE step!!!” And the strange thing is that it was an easy and pleasant conversation to have, even after 3 years of no contact whatsoever. Let me just say, it was a very cool surprise!

3 years ago, a situation involving guns and police, is now transitioning back to a family reuniting, loving and talking once again! The ONLY reason that things are healing this way…(and I believe this with all my heart) is because of the common ground we share and believe…Jesus is LORD of all! Although things are not completely fixed or healed yet, it’s cool that I am able to write and tell you that things are heading in this direction for the first time in over 3 years!

That was something worth sharing!

No comments:

Post a Comment